We are looking for 3 performers to be part of Emma’s art installation at Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts this May which explores global warming through personal accounts of glacial retreat and scientific research into ice cores.
1x performer who speaks Swahili
1x performer who speaks Italian
1x performer who speaks Latin American Spanish
All performers will need to be fluent in speaking and reading English.
You can read about the project and watch a trailer for the work here: https://venice.sciencegallery.com/emma-critchley-witness
Performers will be asked to perform a spoken word script live to a three-screen film installation, which has a soundscape (not live).
Performances will take place on 7th, 8th, 12th and 13th May.
- We are looking for applicants with experience – you might be a performer or spoken word/stand up poet for example.
- Availability as per the timeline below.
- You will be over 18.
- You can be male, female or non-binary identifying.
- The artist is looking for people interested in collaborative working processes.
9th – deadline for applications
16th or 17th – Selected performers audition in a central Brighton location.
Date TBC – First workshop/rehearsal with selected performers.
Date TBC – 2 further workshops/rehearsals
6th – Technical rehearsals at ACCA
7th and 8th – Performances at ACCA. Performances at 5pm and 7pm. Call times TBC
12th and 13th – Performances at ACCA. Performances at 5pm and 7pm. Call times TBC
Emma will select Artists to audition.
For the audition we will ask you to read a section of the script. This, along with a private link to the film will be sent to you in advance of the audition, so you can prepare.
Fee: The total fee is £1,000.
For an additional fee, we are also looking to have the English script translated into Swahili. Please indicate on your application if you would be interested in this additional work.
Management: You will be working directly with Emma and a team of creatives and technicians. You will be contracted by Brighton Festival.
Access: Please get in touch if you need some additional support with your application
Contact: Please submit enquires and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please email the following to email@example.com
- A CV/biog including background, relevant experience and your age.
- 200-400 words on why you are interested in this opportunity and what you think you can bring.
- Link to online showreel if you have one (optional) or a short self-recorded video of you performing (optional)
- Link to your website if you have one (optional).
Closing date for submissions is 5pm on Wednesday 9th March.